The taste of liver might not be for everyone and certainly S avoids it like some gum disease. But I just love it done the Chinese style. It's so important to get it right. If you do, the smell of the condiments fills the house and it is just exhilarating to cook and savour the smell and taste.
- 300 gm liver
- 10cm ginger
- 6 stalks spring onion
- spoonful of minced garlic
- 3 dashes of light soy
- 2 tablespoon of kecap manis
- 2 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 generous dashes of Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Slice liver thinly. Blanch with hot running water. Set aside.
2. Slice ginger into strips and spring onion into 9cm stalks.
3. Heat wok up. Have all ingredients on hand.
4. Once wok has heated up, use sesame instead of veg oil.
5. Once the aroma of sesame oil hits the kitchen, add and stir fry ginger strips for a few minutes.
6. Add the spring onion and garlic to the mix. Fry for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
7. The Chinese rice wine goes in. The alcohol dissipates pretty quickly.
8. Add sugar, kecap manis and soy sauce. Do a taste test. Ensure the sauce is hot.
9. Toss the liver in and cook for literally a couple of minutes.
10. Dish and enjoy!